[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] High Voltage Stand-offs [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] High Voltage Stand-offs

Matt,

If you are dead set on ceramic insulators they still make ceramic for electric fences which can be bought at places like Tractor Supply & Rural King. The nails can be removed and they can be stacked on long screws for higher volts. Last time I bought some they were not front and center on the shelf as they are selling plastic insulator for modern electric fences. Seems like they came in a box of a dozen. Dave

From: Tesla <tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Matthew Sweeney <msweeney23@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 8:22 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: [TCML] High Voltage Stand-offs

Does anyone have leads on affordable high-voltage standoffs for safety
gaps? I see the ceramic ones but they are very expensive wherever I look,
even the small ones.

Could I possibly make my own using PVC tubing or would I be looking at
problems due to high temperatures? I would normally just try it and see but
I don't want to damage my terry filter =)

Thanks!

Matt