[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Tesla Coil with Ricci Trafo [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Tesla Coil with Ricci Trafo

I Remember that day vividly too! I was quite young 6 or 7 I think and was
working entirely by myself as no one else in my family had any technical
experience. Up to that point in my life I had only played with kid friendly
science kits and toys and of course never followed the directions...
Consequently, most of the stuff I played around with as a kid never worked
and was more for show and impressing the neighborhood kids. That all changed
with my first light. I remember thinking to myself how could this possibly
work... A 9/30 NST, a bunch of beer bottles for caps, a simple rotary gap
made from a plexi rotor and bolts ha... Humble beginnings... At the time I
was just firing the tank circuit, but hearing it roar to life was all the
inspiration I needed to then permanently dedicate my life to science and
engineering. 25 years later and I still work professionally within related
fields. I credit that moment as a pretty significant contributor to my
career path and overall outlook. Soak up this moment!