[Home][2018 Index] [TCML] Best Spark Gap for NSTs? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Best Spark Gap for NSTs?

I modified a 1725 rpm motor to run in salient pole operation years ago. It
will seek and then lock into phase and then break out again. I think I
recall reading that if you don't remove enough rotor material it will seek.
If you remove too much it will over heat.

So before to I take this back to machining, is it even worth it? What is
the best gap for NSTs? Is SRSG is the answer what is the preferred break
rate?

~Dan
To synch or not to synch
Kansas City area