[Home][2019 Index] Re: [TCML] High Voltage Capacitor Oil [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] High Voltage Capacitor Oil

Hi Bert,

Thanks for all of the info; appreciated. Looked at getting some BTDP. After
much research I can get it, but only in bulk, so I have decided to go with
the high voltage transformer oil. I will degas it under vacuum for 24
hours. I will then fill the repaired capacitor allowing an expansion space,
so not quite to the top. Once it has been filled I will further degas under
an Argon atmosphere. I do not expect to be able to rely on the repaired
capacitor being the original voltage rating of 50kV; be good if it's 30kV.

Thanks!
Paul