[Home][2019 Index] [TCML] NST Durability [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] NST Durability

Sorry if your first thought was, "Jesus man.... Millionth time...
Fragile...."

Anywho. So I want to see if a whole, working, NST will survive getting
powder coated. My main concern is the windings insulation.

For those unfamiliar with the process, here is a quick overview.
The NST will get sandblasted. Then hung on a rack. The rack and NST will
then be grounded. The powder is charged so it easily sticks to the grounded
object. Then the NST will be heat treated to melt and bond the powder. This
is sticking it in an oven for 20-40 minutes, at temps between 325-425 f.
Lugs will of course been protected. The tar smell/smoke shouldn't be an
issue.

I've never unpotted one of these, so seeking the experiences of the list.

Thanks,
Jeremiah