[Home][2019 Index] Re: [TCML] NST Durability [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] NST Durability

 I depotted several in our home oven. It had an electronic thermostat, so I started low, and every half hour, checked to see if it was soft on the outside. I cranked it up 5° at a time, until it started oozing out into a cheap wok. I had it on its side, until enough potting oozed out that I  could disconnect the leads. Never smelt at all. Took a while, but I got it done. I repotted several in paraphin, but the last two, I placed in a Rubbermaid container and filled with oil. Some worked, some needed a few HV windings removed but all were repaired.