[Home][2019 Index] Re: [TCML] NST Durability [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] NST Durability

I have powder coated a lot of stuff and for the powdered paint to melt and fuse to the metal when the item is placed in the pre heated oven the surface temperature has to reach the melting point and remain there for a long enough period for the fusing to the metal. Because the NST is such a large mass and the tar will draw the heat away from the metal you are going t have a mess. I suggest using Eastwood’s car ceramic based undercoat paint. It’s almost as tough as powder coating without all the hassle.

Allen Bishop
Colorado Springs

Sent from my iPad