[Home][2019 Index] Re: [TCML] Richie Burnett's site is somehow screwed up [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Richie Burnett's site is somehow screwed up

On 11/5/19 8:12 PM, deano wrote:
On 2019-11-05 17:41, deano wrote:
Both http and https work fine for me.
Pale Moon on Debian

Not that it matters, but:

After a bit of investigating I think I have it figured out. Seems the server is configured to prevent "hot-linking". When you visit the https version the server sees the referrer as coming from the https version which is a "different site", so it gives the 403 error on the images.

I have my Pale Moon browser configured to "never send referrer" so it works fine for me. It is just a minor problem with the server configuration.

Interesting..

I think you mean "deep linking" one site linking to something deep in the website. - hot links are standard href tags..

I can see why Richie might do that - it's really annoying to see your carefully done graphics showing up on someone else's website, that because of SEO, has managed to be higher in the google hit list.