Re: New to tesla coils

Original poster: sean <sean-at-nc.rr-dot-com>

Sorry for the confusion, I meant to use 1/4 inch pipe on the primary, I
wanted to know the gauge of the connecting wire.

For the geek group capacitor, I built it, but it's impossible to keep
the wire hanging down on the side at least 3 inches from any of the
other connecting wires!  I have insulation on it so there is no bare
wire closer than 3 inches, is this ok?

I will have to find where to get magnet wire.  Can this be found at home
depot?

Finally (and most importantly), I found a store in my area that sells
transformers.  They said they have a complete line of UL2161, I found
this number on franceformer's site.  They also said they were new and
had some ground protection thing.  Will these transformers work?
Thanks!

--
sean <sean-at-nc.rr-dot-com>