Re: lifter power supply (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:29:14 -0400
From: James R Bubeck <quantum137@xxxxxxxx>
To: hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: lifter power supply (fwd)

Lance:
	My friend and I did a science fair project on these last year.  We
wanted to use a 15/30 NST, but had no luck acquiring one.  In
desparation, we connected wires to the flyback output and ground in an
old CGA monitor, and it worked beautifully.  If you're willing to have a
less professional-looking project, it works fine.  If you use one, just
make sure it isn't one of the modern ones that shuts off without a
signal.  Also, leave the flyback HV output connected to the CRT, as it
adds capacitance, thus smoothing the output.

Best of luck,
James Bubeck

ps:  I'm glad to see that Juno doesn't think the HV List is spam...
yet...

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:41:57 -0600 (MDT) "High Voltage list"
<hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Original poster: Steven Roys <sroys@xxxxxxxx>

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!