RE: Van de Graaff /Pelletron (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:36:05 -0500
From: Daniel Kline <daniel_kline@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Van de Graaff /Pelletron (fwd)

After reading Dr. R's post about metal-to-ceramic bond for the chain,
and after seeing the belt picture, it looks to me like the belt is
metal cylinders covering some sort of plastic chain link.
McMaster-Carr has plastic ball-chain...metal cylinders are easy...
and then a strong epoxy...
The components would have to be ozone-resistant, would they not?
This might not be so difficult. I mean, it doesn't have to be perfect
the first time ;)
Dan K.