Re: Lifter - Autonomous with Aerodynamics? (fwd)

Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 00:09:47 +0800
From: Peter Terren <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Lifter - Autonomous with Aerodynamics?

Hmmm... No one has, true but consider the case of lifter propulsion PLUS
aerodynamics and the figures change. The Gossamer Albatros flew a 30kg plane
with a 70kg person with 200W. If that 70kg person is a lifter supply instead
then this is a large supply easily capable of 1kW at 100kV perhaps.
This is only 1kg of thrust (at 1g/watt) but I am not sure how that compares
with 200W power to an efficient prop.  Anyone care to contribute to these
figures?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gossamer_Albatross
Peter
http://tesladownunder.com/Lifters.htm