Re: Modifying Induction Motor to Synchronous Operation

Hi Danny,

The big file with all the info is at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/syncmot.zip

Additional notes for the doit yourselfer are at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/sync_motor.txt

If your try to check it with a strobe disk see the pictures at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/RSGstrobe/

and don't tell us it doesn't work :-))  Apparently, you need a disk like
this with four dark bands instead of just a half white and half black disk.
 Not sure why...

Pictures of my rotary gaps are at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/BigCoil/Rgap.jpg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/SmallCoil/small_gap1.jpg