Re: and then there was nothing... blown NST? (fwd)

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

What is the deal with everyone trying to get everyone else using MOTs??
Personally i see the benifits of MOTs and the extreme drawback of having to
ballast them.

You can also freeze the block of tar, and chip it away with a hammer and
screwdriver.  Just taking it out if the tar should fix it.

"you'll have to make new secondaries"

WHAT?!?!  Tell me how many times you have made an NST secondary!  If a
secondary coil is bad, there is no way to repair it (unless the damage is on
the last few layers).  Have you ever un-potted an NST??  And why put it in
oil??  Just use some mica (insulation in the transformer), or use some heavy
poly sheet.

Steve Ward.