Re: Twin Tesla coils

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Rscopper-at-aol-dot-com>

 > You can check out my twins at http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/rscopper/index.htm
 >
 > The tuning of my twins was a pain in the -at-#$%!!
 >
 > I thought the same as (Un)Terry about reversing the primary windings, but
 > in the end, I had to wind everything in the same direction.  The formulas
 > for a "standard" two coil system don't quite work out for a twin system
 > either - so have extra primary windings on both for tuning.
 >
 > R. Scott Coppersmith

	In one of Tesla's notes (Experiments --- ?) he mentions that by varying
the tuning frequency of two such coils he could get a variety of
discharge effects.  I don't remember the exact reference but it is of
interest because if you have two signals of slightly different frequency
their added voltages will, at times, be twice the voltage of either at
at other times zero.  No miracles, but would be interesting to see if
you could duplicate his results.

Ed