RE: John Freau's SRSG motor controller

Hi All,

I looked at the input current and capacitor current with my controller
setup at about 1/4 turn on the variac.  This is where it "growls" the best ;-))

The wave forms are stunning!  Here is the AC input:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/03-05-31-01.gif

and the capacitor current:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/03-05-31-02.gif

Those 30 amps spikes are a combination of "everything".  But they seem to
be high enough in frequency so the varaic does not saturate.  They just
help it to growl ;-))

I am just running a 10 amp powerstat and 140uF of capacitance which seems
to work well with both my motors.  Here are some exciting pictures of the
lab setup :-D

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/03-05-31-03.jpg

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/03-05-31-04.jpg

Cheers,