RE: MMC wiring

Hi,

Thick heavy primary wire helps reduce losses and heating in the wire.

If we have say a 5 joule primary cap and a 1 ohm wire with 500 amps for
10us...  1/2 of the energy would go into just heating the wire.  So thick
low resistance wire really helps reduce losses and heating of the wire.

2 x 12 gauge strands of solid copper house type wire is probably the
minimum I would use but try to keep the lengths short.

MMC caps do have thin wires on them but the total distance is very short
and they are in parallel.  Also, with heavy buss bars you can use heavy
bolts and such for connections and avoid the connector problems like Chris had.

For an excellent write up on this, see:

http://www.laushaus-dot-com/tesla/primary_resistance.htm

Cheers,

         Terry