Re: E-Field Gradient Modeling - Multiple Toroids

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq-at-uol-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Eastern Voltage Research Corporation"
<dhmccauley-at-easternvoltageresearch-dot-com>

 > I was wondering if there were any programs out there that can model the
 > e-field gradients of a dual toroid
 > system.  For example, a small toroid above a secondary and then a much
 > larger toroid above the second toroid.
 >
 > I know Dr. Antonio has a program, but I'm not sure if it can do something
 > beyond a simple toroid.
 >
 > I want to model the effects of adding this second toroid in the attempts to
 > use it to provide additional shielding to
 > my secondary.

The Inca program can model anything with axial symmetry, as a stack of
toroids, for example. For a secondary coil, you still have to split it
into a series of cylinders and specify different voltages for them.
But not many sections are needed for a good simulation.
The Inca program is at:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/programs

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz