Re: "NEW" idea ?? on primary tapping...

Original poster: "chris" <ctom-at-toast-dot-net>

Why not just build the primary and secondary supports on a "lazy susan" type
base and rotate the coil around a short tap wire point for tuning? One would
need to arrange a suitable ground connection to keep the center contact and
inside primary connection free as well, but it shouldn't be too tough. Just
lock the base in place once a good tuning point is reached. It seems like
such an arrangement would remove a lot of the stray effects of having long
wires strung under and around the base.
Am I missing anything?