Re: [TCML] HF breakdown of air gaps

Tesla Coil Design by Tilbury has excellent charts for Tesla coils.

The only accurate way to use spark distances with an RF type coil, like a
TC, is to fire single pulses about once every 30-60 sec using an ignitron or
a large resistor to slowly fire the cap until it fires in the pri circuit.
You have to be sure to accurately measure the primary firing voltage and
then you can use Vsec = Vpri x 70% x SQR (Lsec/Lpri).  This efficiency
increases to 85% for DRSSTC type coils.

Dr. Resonance