 From: Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2013 3:57 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] need help

Yup.  They don't fit in a convenient category for most hazards and insurance.

KVA Effects is a professional
> special effects company in Southern California that specializes in Tesla coil/
> high voltage effects and Jeff Parisse, their CEO, has voiced the exorbitant
> insurance costs for them to do the Tesla coil effects for hire on this forum.

I believe that Jeff has sold kVA Effects to another TCML member in the Carolinas...  But the point is well taken.. doing it as a "pro" on a regular basis costs a pretty penny in liability coverage.  They did trade shows, tv and movies, etc.