Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 10:14 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] DC SGTC charging inductor

Speak for yourself, Tesla  ;o)

Around here, the local waste transfer station won't let me take old
microwaves any more, 'cause they say that their scrap value is too
high.  Only time I can snag an old MWO is if I see one that someone has
left illegally at the curb on trash day, and even then, they don't last
long.

On top of that, the newest ovens use high frequency solid state inverter
circuitry and a small coil resembling a glorified TV flyback transformer
instead of the old big iron MOTs.  Utterly useless for TC  applications.

Grab those old MWOs while you can!

Dave