[Home][2020 Index] Re: [TCML] More fun with wireless power [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] More fun with wireless power

On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 10:34 AM Antonio Queiroz <acmdequeiroz@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> True longitudinal waves would require an insulated transmitter with just
> one pole, impossible to build. With the structure of a Tesla coil the
> electric field soon bends to the ground, resulting in the usual
> transverse waves. And in both cases there is decay of power as the
> distance increases because the power is the same but the area is larger
> with more distance. Simple geometry.

I disagree with you on this. You are discussing just the transverse wave of
the driving oscillator. I believe Tesla was discussing two separate
phenomena, which the transverse oscillator causes. We agree on
the electromagnetic resonance within the coil. However, the electric field
density is made to increase and decrease like a huge radial plunger by
carefully detuning the system. This increase and decrease of the
oscillator's electric field causes corresponding ripples in the Earth's
electric field when tuned to 7.8 hz, which can impose this signal onto the
Earth, either through the ground or through the Ionosphere. The increase
and decrease refers to the intensity of the electric field, and not to its
physical location relative to the oscillator. The more power that is placed
into swinging the electric field density, the more power that is
transferred into the ground/ionospheric resonance. This coupled with the
electromagnetic frequency of the oscillator (Tesla's magnifying extra coil)
will cause a sharp rise of current in a receiver tuned to the exact
frequency of the oscillator. Without putting power into the longitudinal
component of the electric field, high currents cannot be obtained from the
transverse oscillations, alone, due to the inverse square law.

Even though this coupling of electrostatic longitudinal resonance is not
accounted for in the present day electrical equations, it is apparent that
it experimentally does exist.

> > Keep in mind that Tesla was physically transmitting power wirelessly at
> > Colorado Springs to the distance of miles, and not just tens of feet. But
> > that is not what this experiment is about.
> There is no documentation of anything transmitted at more than a few
> meters, originally or in attempted reproductions over more than a century.

According to Tesla's Colorado Springs Notes, 345-347. Tesla was convinced
he could transmit his longitudinal waves over 1000 miles. In his article
published the same year as his Colorado Springs Notes was finished, The
Problem of Increasing Human Energy
<https://tesla-coil-builder.com/known-tesla-publications/43-the-problem-of-increasing-human-energy-with-special-references-to-the-harnessing-of-the-sun-s-energy>,
Tesla claimed he witnessed a signal broadcast of over 600 miles. And just
so that we understand, he was not talking about the feeble transverse
signals that Marconi would develop, but Tesla was actually transmitting
power at a distance, which could actually power the receiver.