RE: Van de Graaff /Pelletron (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 21:09:04 -0800
From: Dave Halliday <dh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'High Voltage list' <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Van de Graaff /Pelletron (fwd)

Instead of breaking a working tool, how about going to a vendor and
getting the replacement parts to build this.

I am partial to Grizzly Tool

They have an 18" wide industrial belt sander (they have lots of other
larger and smaller size ones too) and this PDF file shows the drum and
bearings to be available as replacement parts.

http://www.grizzly.com/graphics/products/pl/G0527pl.pdf?

Page #7  drum - #3107, bearings - #3112 and #3108

Since the unit itself sells for $3,700 but this is a huge unit with two
large motors, digital speed control, motorised feed and thickness
adjustments, etc...  I would bet that the drum and the bearings by
themselves would be less than $100 max.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?ItemNumber=G0527

http://www.grizzly.com

Build up the crown with some tape.