DRSSTC formulas for ideal design

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq-at-uol-dot-com.br>

Hi:

I finally prepared a document with the formulas that I have derived for
the design of an ideal lossless DRSSTC (resonator only):

http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/drsstc.html

A design in that way would work as an ideal Tesla coil, where it is
assumed that the input energy is first transferred to the output
capacitance and then used to feed streamers and sparks. Feeding
energy to the streamers from the driver after breakout is not
considered in this case. The design assumes that the driver is
turned off after energy transfer is complete, otherwise it would
return all the energy to the input power supply, if no breakout
occurs.
Interestingly, the resulting design is very similar to what would
be obtained from an impedance matching design:

http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/sstc.html

And so, it is expected to work well if the driver is not turned
off after breakout.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz