[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [TCML] Matt tesla
- To: Tesla Coil Mailing List <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [TCML] Matt tesla
- From: Matthew Hebb <matthewhebb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 01:12:59 -0300
- Delivered-to: teslaarchive@xxxxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Importance: Normal
- In-reply-to: <5195A100.3010302@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- List-archive: <http://www.pupman.com/pipermail/tesla>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: Tesla Coil Mailing List <tesla.pupman.com>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://www.pupman.com/mailman/listinfo/tesla>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://www.pupman.com/mailman/listinfo/tesla>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <BLU173-W711B1C6293DEAFB1B946CB4A30@xxxxxxx>, , , <5194EA41.8060307@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, , <BLU173-W3E6D2A87856D7AE513C26B4A30@xxxxxxx>, , <5195103C.6090408@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <BLU173-W3948910CE7BA5FE69AD011B4AC0@xxxxxxx>, <5195A100.3010302@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: Tesla Coil Mailing List <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
torrid has breakout point but whats overcoupleing and how do i fix it?
> Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 20:16:16 -0700
> From: jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [TCML] Matt tesla
> On 5/16/13 7:38 PM, Matthew Hebb wrote:
> > yes the do apperntly since thats what ive been told i need and oh so
> > its basicly the same type of capacitor that spark gap ones use well
> > thats less complicated than i expected.
> So on another topic i have a
> > very odd thing happening when i use the system from my small spark
> > gap tesla coil to run my big coil ( just to tune it and see what i
> > can get with 9kv ) i get 2 foot sparks which is about the same as the
> > smaller coil got but here is the thing i need somone to explain to
> > me. For some reason there coming from the secondary not the torrid
> > the will come from all over the secondary arc wharever they want its
> > just crazy nothing comes from the torrid but if the torrids not there
> > nothing happens.... so what i wonder is is this caused by somthing
> > wrong with the coil or just because the system for my little coil is
> > not designed for this one?
> Sparks all along the secondary, instead of from the toroid?
> (note spelling.. torrid is "hot", toroid is a shape.. spell checker says
> both are ok).
> You might have what's called "racing sparks".. often from overcoupling
> between primary and secondary, or, too big a toroid without a breakout
> point. The voltage gets too high, and you're getting a breakdown along
> the secondary. If you put a breakout point on your toroid, you can start
> a spark from the toroid earlier...
> Tesla mailing list
Tesla mailing list