[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [TCML] Matt tesla
- To: Tesla Coil Mailing List <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [TCML] Matt tesla
- From: David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 06:43:14 -0700 (PDT)
- Delivered-to: teslaarchive@xxxxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=att.net; s=s1024; t=1368970994; bh=GrBNKyXP8IpqOCY/Y8H4yOrEX6FPgyami2L9Swq1RYU=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=pbsXeKK28jufKA3H8lSfQJEtcRiSOdOSbWRS0R5IgpiC+ptZNz0wf6Y9a1/jkeHvQgAWCUNagEoZRScg9ae1EkOK22CxdRolMpcjSaGFsNOe93bR2zHmVgWgj0CJffEHZsEDSSCOCt2kLVE7xlzx7sJ4kB3Uu9pgca1krDLXcGM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=att.net; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=EitWshmkNTsu93WTMyCTr+ElLbULl+tbCH04ZQUhAGL9OiVQaN6fC6QL3VKhNVednDWGr/mRmNiCpqHpL+CoXcutzpW2CZtN1xbWlZWJ9iGsWx7+RjOMlhWYiq9k+0gYhDc7pRhO8fWHFxd6KiXJ2aXMr7si7Qa3+VuIYdCR8N0=;
- In-reply-to: <51984EF2.6090309@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- List-archive: <http://www.pupman.com/pipermail/tesla>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: Tesla Coil Mailing List <tesla.pupman.com>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://www.pupman.com/mailman/listinfo/tesla>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://www.pupman.com/mailman/listinfo/tesla>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <BLU173-W711B1C6293DEAFB1B946CB4A30@xxxxxxx>, , , , <5194EA41.8060307@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, , , <BLU173-W3E6D2A87856D7AE513C26B4A30@xxxxxxx>, , , <5195103C.6090408@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, , <BLU173-W3948910CE7BA5FE69AD011B4AC0@xxxxxxx>, , <5195A100.3010302@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <BLU173-W23659E4A3CEDDFB55D46CCB4AD0@xxxxxxx>, <8D021E4FBA2B2C6-1194-3BF60@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <000601ce53fb$aec9cac0$0c5d6040$@com> <BLU173-W38E523DED6F5082F45154EB4AE0@xxxxxxx> <51984EF2.6090309@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: Tesla Coil Mailing List <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
As usual, very nicely said. ;^) I, for one, have to proofread and watch my posting like a hawk before clicking the send button, and sometimes, a typo still slips by :^/ I do not find it unreasonable to expect a reasonable effort from the poster toward some grammatical organization of their composition. I realize that for many of our European members, English is not their first language and due to this, I try to allow for less than perfect grammar and spelling. However, it seems to me that often the "sloppiest" writers are fellow English speakers.
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2013 11:02 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Matt tesla
On 5/18/13 8:41 PM, Matthew Hebb wrote:
> there both the same to me ...just less dots but if it must be so formal im gunna have to spend an extra 25 mins spell checking and everything ...i usually just write things out its email messaging im not writing a formal essay for somthing i don't see why it has to be so fancy?
Well. here's the deal:
on a mailing list like this, where one is asking for advice, making life easier for the folks who are being asked is a generally productive strategy.
While you might not care one way or the other, the folks you are asking for advice clearly do.
Besides, how much longer does it take to actually put a few carriage returns and periods in? milliseconds?
Nobody expects a finely crafted essay worthy of Steinbeck. Reasonable sentence breaks and some attention to detail is a sign that you're not going to inadvertently kill or injure yourself with HV gear. Maybe it's a concern that if you are careless or lazy with your writing, you might be the same with HV, and nobody wants to hear about a disaster.
Tesla mailing list
Tesla mailing list