[Home][2019 Index] Re: [TCML] Eastern Voltage Research VTTC Staccato Controller - puzzled on "burst" output [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Eastern Voltage Research VTTC Staccato Controller - puzzled on "burst" output

Hi all and Steve.

I have run both interrupters one after another, to make a quick comparison.
I shot video on each one separately. Did the "breadboard" one first, then
the EVR.
I was a bit tired, when I shot the 2 vids, I think I misspoke a time or
two, but the results are there. Just did one take for each. This is with
the new 1 mica cap and 1 turn less, the now 12 turn primary that I
mentioned in the other thread.

If I had to do this again, putting the EVR, in an enclosure, knowing now
how the "burst" is setup and the "bypass", I would use a 4 position rotary
switch instead. But the individual switches work, so I am leaving good
enough alone, the holes are drilled...

So far it seems, that there is always going to be be some spark length loss
and stability on the lowest rate on the EVR.  I have tried several tuning
settings, to see if I could improve it. Can not at all.
So for Steve (White), it seems ( if your 1 pulse is working ok and
identical to mine) that this will limit you some. This seems confirmed to
me. You have already mentioned some things, and to me, I see some
similarities. But you still have more in your 833A somewhere...
Also I show the "burst" mode working. Hopefully you can fix your easily
eventually.

I have good scope pictures of the EVR, that I have already. I still need to
take some of the repaired "breadboard" one. I did not take any, when I
scoped it.  Have some fairly old ones taken before it got messed up, but
these are not good for referring to, since it is pretty much completely
rebuilt. So should be next weekend.

2 Videos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VomeE4tJ2Twqubxv7

Chris Reeland